<Notice of class delivery during Summer quarter at Grad School of Eng.>
As the state of emergency lifted all across of Japan, Hokkaido University has also lowered Business Continuity Plan During Coronavirus Outbreak (BCP) from Level 2 to Level 1. (https://www.hokudai.ac.jp/covid-19)
In response to changes, the class of delivery for Summer quarter will be modified as follows.
We ask all the students to take close attention for infection prevention of COVID-19.
In case you use public transportation to commute, please refrain from non-essential talk and avoid rush hours as much as possible.
Please stay tuned for our update on website in case the BCP level changes.
1.The Research Activity
1) You can conduct your research activity under the utmost consideration to the spread of the infection of COVID-19. Please minimize your stay as much as possible.
2) Please take a permission from your supervisor of entering the facility or conducting your research.
3) We will take a record your student number, name, and the time of your arrival and departure when you enter the facility.
1) In person classes are not held during Summer quarter in principle, and only online classes will be conducted.
2) In case classes with experiments, field study or research will also be conducted online.
3) In case of the BPC level change, the classes will be modified.
3. Prevention measures at classroom
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building.
2) In case experiments are conducted in a classroom, please be aware the following points:
-Please wash your hands and gargle before and after your class.
-Social distancing more than 2 meters.
-Please wear face sealed mask in case you approach others.
-Opening windows for frequent ventilation
-As part of preventative measure, all ACs are already cleaned or exchanged with new ones.
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building. Wash your hands and gargle frequently.
2) A cafeteria will be open with preventative measures, but please avoid crowded hours at lunch. and keep your physical distance with others.
3) Please keep enough distances at the cafeteria.
4) The cafeteria is now taking preventive measures, such as setting a board between the seats etc., but please keep your physical distance with others as much as possible.
5) Please avoid experiments with the large number of people, and prevent three Cs. (Closed spaces, Crowded places, Close-contact settings)
6) Entry of the building is limited to weekdays in principle.
7) At the entrance of the Engineering facility, we are now conducting temperature examination using thermography camera. In case your temperature is over 37.5, we will ask you some questions about your current symptoms. You might be refused to enter the facility if needed.
8) If you are sick or mentally unstable, please contact the followings:
- Coronavirus public telephone consultation counter: 011-632-4567 (9 am to 9 pm)
- Emergency Medical Consultation Center Sapporo: 011-272-7119 (24 hours)
Summer Quarter period
Summer Quarter: June 15th (M) to August 7th (F)
Make up class period: August 11th (T) to August 17th (M)
*Makeup classes are conducted only when the number of classes in Summer quarter do not meet the requirement.
There are usual classes on July 23rd (Th) and July 24th (Fri), National holidays.
In case we conduct the classes for spring quarter during summer quarter, we will modify the classes for summer quarter to ones for fall or winter quarter. If there are any changes of class, please check the Engineering website.
Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering
If you have inquires, please contact the following office.
Academic Affairs office of Engineering
Phone #: 011-706-6119
- Information /