STSI program introduction
REVOLUTIONARY RESEARCH IN
ORGANIC SYNTHESIS EARNS HOKKAIDO
ITS FIRST NOVEL PRIZE
Emeritus Professor Akira Suzuki of Hokkaido University (formerly a professor at the School of Engineering) was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his innovative research in cross-coupling chemical reactions for the synthesis of organic compounds. Cross-coupling has applications in a wide range of fields (e.g., medicine, agricultural chemicals, liquid crystals used in IT equipment, and organic EL as a new generation of luminescent materials), and represents a major contribution to the development and commercial manufacture of products commonly seen in today's world.
Faculty of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, School of Engineering Hokkaido University
Emeritus Professor Akira Suzuki
We publish PR magazine "EngineeRing" several times in a year and share our researches, achievements and activities.
[FEATURE] Let’s go to the Hokkaido University Museum!
Research experiences are offered in the exhibit of School of Engineering.
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019
- Momiji-gari Fall Colors Viewing 2019: Invitation for Asian Students [Information]
- Mon, 19 Aug 2019
- Elementary School , Farm&Factory Visit for Asian Students/Fall 2019 [Information]
- Mon, 08 Jul 2019
- A Visit from Jilin University [Report]
- Fri, 28 Jun 2019
- A Visit from Dalian University of Technology [Report]
- Fri, 28 Jun 2019
- A Visit from Taiwan [Report]
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019
- A Visit from Seoul National University [Report]
- Mon, 26 Aug 2019
- e3 web server will be temporary unavailable [News and update]
- Thu, 16 May 2019
- Application guidelines for e3 General selection: October 2019 enrollment (2nd call) / April 2020 enrollment (1st call) are uploaded [Admission]
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019
- e3 on-line documents submission system is open [Admission]
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019
- Application guidelines for Double Degree: October 2019 enrollment are uploaded [Admission]