- Thu, 14 Sep 2023
- Timetable is updated.
- Wed, 13 Sep 2023
- [Research Press Release] Copper-doped tungstic acid nanocrystals transform infrared light conversion
- Wed, 2 Aug 2023
- [Research Press Release] Multicyclic molecular wheels with polymer potential
- Tue, 1 Aug 2023
- Guidebook 2023-2024 is up.
- Wed, 25 Mar 2020
- [1st semester of 2020] Changes of Class Schedule
- Thu, 5 Mar 2020
- Notice on the Cancellation of Commencement Ceremony of Graduate School of Engineering
- Tue, 28 Jan 2020
- Notice of Commencement Ceremony of Graduate School of Engineering
International Affairs Office of Engineering was established on April 1, 2012 in order to assist international students, internship students and foreign academic researchers.
Whether you are a new students or a current student, please feel free to contact the office in case of need.
REVOLUTIONARY RESEARCH IN ORGANIC SYNTHESIS EARNS HOKKAIDO ITS FIRST NOVEL PRIZE
Emeritus Professor Akira Suzuki of Hokkaido University (formerly a professor at the School of Engineering) was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his innovative research in cross-coupling chemical reactions for the synthesis of organic compounds. Cross-coupling has applications in a wide range of fields (e.g., medicine, agricultural chemicals, liquid crystals used in IT equipment, and organic EL as a new generation of luminescent materials), and represents a major contribution to the development and commercial manufacture of products commonly seen in today's world.
Emeritus Professor Akira Suzuki Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry Special Commemorative Issue