MEXT: Embassy Recommended Candidates
After you pass the first round of screening at a Japanese embassy you will be asked to obtain a "Letter of Acceptance" from the graduate schools of your choice. In order to receive acceptance letter from our program, please prepare the listed below documents and send them by e-mail. Please contact us as soon as possible after the announcement of the screening results.
Japanese Embassy nominated candidates can be accepted as research students or apply directly for the graduate school if they qualify for direct enrollment. Candidates accepted as Research Students may enroll in a Master's or Doctoral program in either October or April after passing the enrollment screening.
If your scholarship requires a letter from accepting university, we may prepare a conditional offer letter. Please note that we can not prepare an "unconditional offer letter" or admission certificate unless you apply for the e3 Special Selection and get an official admission. To apply for a "conditional offer letter" please prepare and send us by e-mail the documents listed below. Please contact e3 program well in advance of the submission deadline to your scholarship foundation.
List of the documents
- e3 application form
Please write the names of 2 laboratories you are interested in.
Download application form
(PDF format) (Word format)
- Education history
Download education history format
- Research proposal
Please prepare well thought out research proposal(s). Longer proposal is expected from doctoral course applicants. If you are applying for two laboratories with different research scope, please prepare two proposals.
- An attested copy of academic transcripts both for bachelor and master’s courses if you are (OR going to be) awarded master degree.
If your study is on-going, the transcript should include the records available at the time of your application.
- Graduation/expected graduation certificate (original) or photocopy of diploma for each graduated university program.
Prepare the most recent provisional certificate if you haven’t graduated yet. The expected graduation certificate must show the expected date of your graduation.
If your university does not issue an expected graduation certificate, please obtain a certificate of enrollment which shows the expected date of graduation. Once you get a diploma, please submit a copy.
- 2 recommendation letters
One of the letters shall be provided by your supervisor in the most recently graduated/expected to graduate school. You may use the format provided by e3 or any other format.
Download recommendation letter format
(PDF format) (Word format)
- English test score or a medium of instruction certificate issued by your university
- Abstract(s) of graduation thesis(es)
- Abstract(s) of paper(s) you have published.
It should clearly show the publication details
- Photocopy of your passport showing your photo and nationality
- Scholarship information form (not required for MEXT applicants)
Download scholarship information form
- Letter/certificate of passing preliminary screening of the scholarship (if available)
- (MEXT Embassy) Copy of the documents submitted to the embassy (MEXT application form, placing preference form etc)
Please contact e3 program well ahead of the deadline for submission of the acceptance letter to the embassy or conditional offer letter to other organization.