- Evaluation for mechanism of ground disaster subjected to freeze- thaw action
- The mechanism for ground disasters due to freezing and frost heaving in winter-spring season has been studied by numerical analysis and laboratory tests.
- Evaluation upgrading for long-term characteristics of roadbed structure in cold region
- Long-term characteristics of roadbed structure for cold regions subjected to freeze thaw actions has been studied.
- Evaluation for air permeability of ground on a gas residence layer in cold region and its testing method
- The study for risk analysis for damage of gas pipeline in cold regions has been performed. The testing method for evaluation for air permeability of unsaturated-frozen ground has also been developed.
- The relationship between mechanical properties and compaction condition for crushable volcanic soils
- Various laboratory tests such as triaxial compression test (monotnic/cyclic), shear modulus measuring, permeability test have been performed in order to investigate the mechanical properties of compacted volcanic soils.
- Seismic performance of a bridge column integrated by multiple steel pipes with directly-connected piles
- A bridge column integrated by multiple steel pipes and connected directly to piles with or without a footing is proposed to design a rational foundation of the column. Its seismic performance is evaluated based on the large-scale shaking tests and a soil-water coupled FE analysis.
- Study on long-term subsidence of soft clay due to an earthquake
- Long-term subsidence of soft clay after the 2007 Niigata Prefecture Chuetsu-Oki Earthquake was observed in Kashiwazaki. In order to investigate the mechanism, ground investigations, indoor element tests and soil-water coupled FE analysis are conducted.