- Through a carefully-planned general applied physics education, our students develop a sound understanding of the links between science and technology, as well as acquiring well-honed communication skills required to interact with the scientific international community.
- Through studies of subjects that provide a backbone to engineering and physics, our students gain a broad knowledge of engineering physics suitable for application to a diverse range of engineering- or physics-orientated careers.
- The specialized scientific focus of our course allows our students to learn basic concepts and methods in physics as well as getting to grips with topical scientific fields such as Solid State Science, Optical Physics and Quantum Mechanics.
- By following the Applied Physics Course our students benefit from feedback and connections between technology and physics in rapidly evolving high-tech fields such as nanotechnology.
- Through graduate thesis work and group research projects, our students develop their imagination, creativity, critical-thinking, problem-solving skills, mathematical ability, and laboratory expertise, as well as writing, presentation and oral communication skills.