Admission / 10.04.2018
Hokkaido University, e3 program accepting applications for the JICA Innovative Asia Scholarship from prospective international students seeking master’s degree in Engineering, research topics related to the priority field "Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence") , October-2018 intake.
The Innovative Asia initiative by JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation throughout Asia by proving students from the partner universities at 12 Asian countries opportunity to study and conduct research in Japanese universities and join internship in Japanese companies.
Participating countries and universities: 60 partner universities at 12 countries, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam.
Candidates will be chosen at the program through a competitive application process and evaluated by JICA from the viewpoint of potential to contribute to the national development of the home country and must be officially approved as participants of the program by the respective government and JICA
Application deadline for October 2018 intake with JICA scholarship is April 20,2018.
*Please note that application deadline for JICA Innovative Asia scholarship is earlier than the application for regular October 2018 admission (self-supported applicants, applicants with their own scholarships etc.), which is May 14, 2018.
Admission / 30.03.2018
Application guidelines for e3 Special selection/October 2018 intake/ April 2019 intake (first call) are uploaded
Application guidelines, e3 Special selection for October 2018 intake/ April 2019 intake (first call) were uploaded. Please refer to: e3 admission for information for new students and respective pages for currently enrolled students planning to continue to Master's/PhD degree under e3.
- Application submisison and application fee payment periods were revised. Last year we accepted applications for October intake by May 31st. For October-2018 intake the deadline for submitting soft copies is May 14. For sending the originals and paying the application fees - June 6th.
- We will be accepting applications for April 2019 intake twice. The deadlines and screening timeline for the first call is the same as for October-2018 intake. The deadline for the second call is to be announced.
- On-line documents submission system is introduced. The system will be activated during May 1st-14th, 2018. Applicants are strongly recommended to use the on-line submission system, however, this year we will also accept documents via e-mail.
Information / 04.03.2018
Information about JEES International Understanding Promotion Scholarship (Minority Acceptance Countries) is added
Information about JEES International Understanding Promotion Scholarship (Minority Acceptance Countries) is added to the list of the available scholarships.
Target countries: countries with small number of international students accepted in Japan. Please check the list.
Amount of the scholarship: JPY50'000/month
Period of the scholarhsip: From October 2018, maximum 2 years
Scholarship candidate's can't recieve multiple scholarships from JEES. If receive scholarship from other foundations, the ammount shall not exceed JPY60'000.
Applicants shall be activiely involved in volonteer activites, or be interested to start.
Application deadline to e3: April 2nd, 2018
If you are interested in this scholarship please contact e3 office for more details.
Admission / 15.12.2017
Hokkaido University is calling for applications for the President’s Fellowship from prospective international students seeking master’s, professional, or doctoral degrees for October 2018 intake. Applicants must possess an excellent academic record as well as a strong interest in Hokkaido University and Japanese culture.
Applicants seeking enrollment in English Engineering Education Program can also apply for this fellowship.
Applicants must be current or alumni students of universities that have concluded Inter-University Exchange Agreements and a Memorandum of Understanding on Student Exchange with Hokkaido University.
*Students who are already enrolled at Hokkaido University can not apply for this scholarship. *Applicants can not have other scholarships or fellowships when enrolling in Hokkaido University.
November 2nd, 2017 – January 12th, 2018
Required documents shall be submitted through your home university!
[Number of Fellowships]
Please check for more details:
Admission / 16.10.2017
We are now accepting applications for admission for Spring Semester 2018 starting April 1st
- Applicants from abroad with their own scholarship/self-supporting students etc. applying for Master's and Doctoral program, Research Students.
- Currently enrolled Master's course applying for Doctoral program
- Currently Enrolled Research Students applying for Master's or Doctoral Program
Application deadline is November 15, 2017. Here you can check about tuitions and available funding options.