Hokkaido University moved to (Restriction – low level) prescribed in the Response Plan of the Hokkaido University Business Continuity Plan During Coronavirus Outbreak (BCP) as of November 1st. Check this link for details.
<Class delivery in the First Semester at the Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University>
Thank you for your continuous cooperation for the COVID-19 prevention measures. In the second semester the classes will be delivered in in-person and on-line modes as outlined below.
We ask all the students to take close attention for infection prevention of COVID-19.
In case you use public transportation to commute, please refrain from non-essential talk and avoid rush hours as much as possible. When you take domestic trips, please pay close attention to the situation at your destination.
Please stay tuned for updates on website in case the BCP level changes.
1. Research Activity & classes
1) Classes will be conducted in both on-line mode and face-to-face style. For Winter Quarter, shifting to face-to-face style when possible is being considered.
2) Practical training and experiments will be carried out face-to-face where possible, with thoroughly implementing measures to prevent the spread of infection.
2. Prevention measures at classroom etc.
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building.
2) In case of experiments, field study or research being conducted in a classroom, please be aware the following points:
-Please wash your hands and gargle before and after your class.
-Social distancing more than 2 meters.
-Please take extra measures like wearing face shield in case you approach others.
-Use ventilators with high power and open windows for frequent ventilation. All the windows must be opened more than 5cm, and doors must be left open. When it is difficult due to the bad weather or so, windows and doors must be opened fully for several minutes for every 30 minutes. During ventilation, students are asked to adjust with their clothes.
-As part of preventative measure, when ACs are being used, please use the ventilators as well as leaving the door and windows open.
Student groups that have submitted an activity plan in accordance with the University's "Guidelines for the Prevention of the Spread of Infections during Extracurricular Activities and Use of Extracurricular Activity Facilities" and got a permission will be allowed to engage in extracurricular activities.
4. When you are sharing meals
When you have meals with someone, do it for short periods, do not drink heavily, do not shout, please. Please wear a mask when talking. (Underage drinking is prohibited.)
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask at the Engineering faculty. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building. Wash your hands and gargle frequently.
2) A cafeteria will be open with preventative measures, but please avoid crowded hours at lunch. Keep your usage to the minimum necessary time.
3) The cafeteria is now taking preventive measures, such as setting a board between the seats etc., but please keep your distance from others as much as possible.
4) If you are not feeling well or if you suspect an infection, please contact your academic advisor or the following:
• Coronavirus public telephone consultation counter: 011-632-4567 (9 am to 9 pm)
• Emergency Medical Consultation Center Sapporo: 011-272-7119 (24 hours)
5) If you feel depressed, or have any concerns about your mental health, the "nandemo soudan shitu (Counseling Room for Anything)" accepts consultations by e-mail.
Second Semester period
Autumn Quarter: October 1st (Friday) to December 1st (Wednesday), 2021
Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering
Academic Affairs office of Engineering
Phone #: 011-706-6119
- Information /