Hokkaido University moved to Alert Level 3 (Restriction – High Level) on Aug. 27, 2021 according to the Response Plan of the Hokkaido University Business Continuity Plan During Coronavirus Outbreak (BCP) . Check this link for details.
<Class delivery in the First Semester at the Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University>
Thank you for your continuous cooperation for the COVID-19 prevention measures. In the second semester the classes will be delivered in in-person and on-line modes as outlined below.
We ask all the students to take close attention for infection prevention of COVID-19.
In case you use public transportation to commute, please refrain from non-essential talk and avoid rush hours as much as possible. When you take domestic trips, please pay close attention to the situation at your destination.
Please stay tuned for updates on website in case the BCP level changes.
1. Research Activity
1) Research activity shall be conducted in small groups, with as short as possible presence in the lab and under the utmost consideration to the spread of the infection of COVID-19. When lab activity is conducted, please refer to the rules outlined in the BSP section “research”. Categories of students not outlined in the plan shall conduct research from home.
2) Please take a permission from your supervisor for entering the facility or conducting your research.
3) Your student number, name, and the time of your arrival and departure when you enter the facility will be recorded.
1) Classes of the Second Semester will be primarily conducted in on-line mode. However, some classes which require experiments etc., may be conducted in face-to-face mode in small groups under the utmost consideration to the spread of the infection of COVID-19. Please confirm the delivery mode for each class via the ELMS.
2) In case of the BPC level change, the class delivery mode may be modified.
3. Prevention measures at classroom etc.
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building.
2) In case of experiments, field study or research being conducted in a classroom, please be aware the following points:
-Please wash your hands and gargle before and after your class.
-Social distancing more than 2 meters.
-Please take extra measures like wearing face shield in case you approach others.
-Use ventilators with high power and open windows for frequent ventilation. All the windows must be opened more than 5cm, and doors must be left open. When it is difficult due to the bad weather or so, windows and doors must be opened fully for several minutes for every 30 minutes. During ventilation, students are asked to adjust with their clothes.
-As part of preventative measure, when ACs are being used, please use the ventilators as well as leaving the door and windows open.
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask at the Engineering faculty. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building. Wash your hands and gargle frequently.
2) A cafeteria will be open with preventative measures, but please avoid crowded hours at lunch. Keep your usage to the minimum necessary time.
3) The cafeteria is now taking preventive measures, such as setting a board between the seats etc., but please keep your distance from others as much as possible.
4) Please avoid experiments with the large number of people, and prevent three Cs. (Closed spaces, Crowded places, Close-contact settings)
5) Study sessions and gatherings with a large number of people should be held online, avoiding face-to-face contact.
6) Extracurricular activities are prohibited.
7) Please avoid sharing a meal with people other than those you live with due to the high infection transmission risk.
8) Entry of the building will continue to follow the procedure for holidays in principle.
9) At the entrance of the Engineering facility, we are now conducting temperature examination using thermography camera. In case your temperature is over the set body temperature, we will ask you some questions about your current symptoms. You might be refused to enter the facility.
10) Academic Affair Office window will be opened, but to limit face-to-face operations, please contact us in advance by e-mail before coming to the office. When you are requested to come to the window to apply for a tuition fee reduction or exemption etc., or if you have an urgent matter, please come without an advanced contact.
11) If you are not feeling well or if you suspect an infection, please contact your academic advisor or the following:
• Coronavirus public telephone consultation counter: 011-632-4567 (9 am to 9 pm)
• Emergency Medical Consultation Center Sapporo: 011-272-7119 (24 hours)
12) If you feel depressed, or have any concerns about your mental health, the "nandemo soudan shitu (Counseling Room for Anything)" accepts consultations by e-mail.
Second Semester period
Autumn Quarter: October 1st (Friday) to December 1st (Wednesday), 2021
Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering
Academic Affairs office of Engineering
Phone #: 011-706-6119
- Information /