The March 11 meeting of the Hokkaido University COVID-19 Task Force took the decision that the University would continue staying at the Alert Level 2 (Restriction – medium level) prescribed in the Response Plan of the Hokkaido University Business Continuity Plan During Coronavirus Outbreak (BCP) until early May. (Link)
<Class delivery in the First Semester at the Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University>
Thank you for your continuous cooperation for the COVID-19 prevention measures. In the first semester the classes will be delivered in in-person and on-line modes as outlined below.
We ask all the students to take close attention for infection prevention of COVID-19.
In case you use public transportation to commute, please refrain from non-essential talk and avoid rush hours as much as possible. When you take domestic trips, please pay close attention to the situation at your destination.
Please stay tuned for updates on website in case the BCP level changes.
1.The Research Activity
1) You can conduct your research activity under the utmost consideration to the spread of the infection of COVID-19. If your research requires lab activity, avoid the Three Cs (Closed spaces, Crowded places, and Close-contact settings)
2) Please take a permission from your supervisor for entering the facility or conducting your research.
3) Your student number, name, and the time of your arrival and departure when you enter the facility will be recorded.
1) Classes of the First Semester will be conducted in face to face and on-line modes. Please confirm the delivery mode for each class via the ELMS.
2) In case of the BPC level change, the class delivery mode may be modified.
3. Prevention measures at classroom
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building.
2) In case of experiments, field study or research being conducted in a classroom, please be aware the following points:
-Please wash your hands and gargle before and after your class.
-Social distancing more than 2 meters.
-Please take extra measures like wearing face shield in case you approach others.
-Use ventilators with high power and open windows for frequent ventilation. All the windows must be opened more than 5cm, and doors must be left open. When it is difficult due to the bad weather or so, windows and doors must be opened fully for several minutes for every 30 minutes. During ventilation, students are asked to adjust with their clothes.
-As part of preventative measure, when ACs are being used, please use the ventilators as well as leaving the door and windows open.
1) It is mandatory to wear a mask. Students without a mask are not allowed to enter the building. Wash your hands and gargle frequently.
2) A cafeteria will be open with preventative measures, but please avoid crowded hours at lunch. Keep your usege to the minimum nessesary time.
3) The cafeteria is now taking preventive measures, such as setting a board between the seats etc., but please keep your distance from others as much as possible.
4) Please avoid experiments with the large number of people, and prevent three Cs. (Closed spaces, Crowded places, Close-contact settings)
5) It is recommended that study sessions and gatherings with a large number of people should be held online, avoiding face-to-face contact.
6) Entry of the building will continue to follow the procedure for holidays in principle.
7) At the entrance of the Engineering facility, we are now conducting temperature examination using thermography camera. In case your temperature is over the set body temperature, we will ask you some questions about your current symptoms. You might be refused to enter the facility.
8) Academic Affair Office window will be opened, but to limit face-to-face operations, please contact us in advance by e-mail before coming to the office. When you are requested to come to the window to apply for a tuition fee reduction or exemption etc., or if you have an urgent matter, there is no need to contact us in advance.
9) If you are not feeling well or if you suspect an infection, please contact your academic advisor or the following:
- Coronavirus public telephone consultation counter: 011-632-4567 (9 am to 9 pm)
- Emergency Medical Consultation Center Sapporo: 011-272-7119 (24 hours)
10) If you feel depressed, or have any concerns about your mental health, the "nandemo soudan shitu (Counseling Room for Anything)" accepts consultations by e-mail.
First Semester period
Spring Quarter: April 12 (Monday) to June 11th (Friday), 2021
Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering
If you have inquires, please contact the following office.
Academic Affairs office of Engineering
Phone #: 011-706-6119
- Information /